At the Forefront of Emerging Law and Public Policy Issues
We help private and public clients solve unique and complex regulatory challenges
Every aspect of a business’s operations – from how they procure business to how they hire and manage a workforce, as well as a myriad of other issues – is influenced by complex rules and regulations. Understanding and navigating these laws and regulations is essential to surviving, and ultimately thriving, in a hyper-competitive environment. Once, only the largest corporations required legal assistance dedicated to managing regulatory issues, but now even small startups and community nonprofits need specialized advising.
At Prometheus Civic Law, P.C. in Aliso Viejo, we craft innovative solutions to help clients overcome obstacles and work with public bodies in mutually beneficial ways. With a background that includes a direct role in crafting historic reforms in state law, and developing software systems to optimize government-citizen relations, our team uniquely understands the special skills and tactics required to tailor an effective strategy, and also execute. If you’re in Southern California and seeking solutions to public policy challenges, government regulations or other problems, Prometheus Civic Law can make a positive difference for you.
Skillful representation to maximize your ability to succeed
Southern California organizations and individuals look to Prometheus Civic Law to assist them for many reasons, including our:
- Real-world experience — From our legal practice and direct experience with startup businesses, we understand how the Administrative Procedure Act and other agency rules often lag far behind technology and current practices. Uniquely, we have translated this special knowledge into transformative and direct impacts on state and local laws – especially in emerging areas of cannabis law – and building and managing internet technology companies. This unprecedented combination makes us uniquely qualified to help bridge the gap for cutting-edge industries and traditional firms alike.
- Commitment to long-term success — One of the frustrations of working with public agencies is that leadership and staff can be unaware of the impact of their actions and impervious to political accountability. Long-range planning is crucial in order to utilize every tool – legal, political, or policy influence – to create positive change. For each client, we focus on building accountability-based solutions that can endure to deliver permanent value for clients, even in a rapidly changing world.
- Personalized attention — Managing government relations has become an industry of its own, and small clients often get lost or deprioritized by large law firms. Often, even the smaller firms offer “one-size-fits-all” solutions or standardized template-based practices. At Prometheus Civic Law, we custom tailor every aspect of our legal solution to the particular assets, opportunities and goals of each client, ensuring emerging innovators and other small businesses get the full support they need and diligent advocacy suited to their specific goals.
Regulation at every level can seem stacked in favor of existing powerful interests, but we take great pride in evening the odds for each client we represent.
Professional advice on a wide range of legal challenges
Prometheus Civic Law works throughout Southern California advising all types of clients in practice areas such as:
- Municipal law — For a complete array of municipal law matters, we have the legal knowledge and communications ability to navigate complex issues in cities, counties and other local government subdivisions. From license issuance to land use, we can find creative solutions for any local problem.
- Administrative law — Government agencies can determine or influence a venture’s success. We provide strong administrative law advocacy to help you obtain favorable decisions and rules from a variety of agencies at all levels of government and even change laws or rules when necessary. With direct experience drafting state and local ordinances in cannabis law and other emerging policy areas, we even help clients create the changes they need to see.
- Business law — Prometheus Civic Law advises clients on various business law issues affecting companies and nonprofit organizations, from formation to contracts. We specialize in emerging areas of the law, including internet technology and cannabis law.
- Contract law — For public, private and individual clients, we draft, negotiate and review contracts so that vital interests are protected and each party has a clear understanding of their rights and obligations.
Many of today’s legal challenges cover more than one legal practice area. If you’re unsure whether we can help to resolve your issues, a short discussion can answer your questions.